Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Shiva Dhyanam


ISHA – Sadhguru
I have attended a couple of programs in Isha. Infact I went there to stay lonely for 2-3 days, but life changed after that. In one word, I would say it as ‘Heaven’. I couldn’t leave the place at the end of the program. During the program, I heard the following song which made me cry, the voice of the singer (!) is so tremendous as I can’t control myself.
Shiva Dhyanam
“Karpur Gauram Karunaa Avataaram,
Sansaar Saaram Bhujgendra Haaram,
Sadaa Vasantam Hridayaarvinde,
Bhavam Bhavaani Sahitam Namaami”
Meaning: I bow to that camphor-hued, white complexioned (Lord Shiva), who is Incarnation of compassion, who is the very essence of (consciousness; the knowing principle) of life (of the embodied soul); Who wears snakes as garlands, whose eternal abode is in the heart of the devotee, I bow to Him (Lord Shiva) and His consort Bhavani (Uma or Paarvati).
Karpur (camphor-hued);
Gauram (white);
Karunaa (compassion);
Avataaram (incarnation);
Sansaar (life of the embodied soul);
Saaram (essence, the knowing principle or consciousness);
Bhujagendra (wearer of snakes or who wields theSerpent power of Kundalini Shakti);
Haaram (garlands);
Sadaa (eternal);
Vasantam (resides);
Hridayaarvinde (in the heart of the devotee);
Bhavam (Lord Shiva);
Bhavaani (Uma or Paarvati);
Sahitam (together);
Namaami (I bow).
O lord, the tasks of this day, who burden I placed on you this morning, are over. It was you who made me walk, talk, think and act. I therefore place at your feet all my thoughts, words and deeds. My task is done. Receive me; I am coming back to you. Please repair my body and prepare me nicely for my next days journey.
I knew that this was sung by Sadhguru after a long period of time., ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment